React Native Intro
This is a recording for the React Native Intro workshop giving on January 25th, 2019.
The workshop lasted ~7 hours with about 1 hour for lunch.
Here is the description for the original workshop: This will be a full-day workshop that will cover the basics of building a React Native application using the Expo framework.
This will be in-person (at the Network Hub @ 422 Richards Street #170. Vancouver, BC V6B 2Z4) and streamed online, if you sign up for this workshop you will get an email with the stream link.
During this workshop, we will at least cover the following features:
- Initiating a React Native application with Expo
- Basic components building
- Doing basic Navigation
- Fetching and sending data to a backend (backend will be pre-built so we won’t work on it)
- [time permitting] working with Native APIs such as the camera
This workshop assumes the following:
- You have a good understanding of React.js
Prior to the workshop, please set up Expo by following Steps 1, 2 and 3 here: https://expo.io/learn
- React Native Intro
- Build photo application
- 6 hours of materials